Saturday, July 21, 2007

This may seem off topic BUT What Being A WAHM Means To Me

Oftentimes in this blog I'm here giving you environmental advice and telling you what a great company Shaklee is, but I thought I'd take a moment to let you get to know the real "me"...

I'm a single, work at home mom. I thank God every day for the blessings this brings to my life. You see, I have fibromyalgia really bad so I can't work a "real" job each day. However, I can make a full time living working from home. I can also have the freedom to homeschool my daughter and to attend Seminary online. Something that those of you who only read this blog may not know is that I can also follow my other passion as I'm also a freelance writer.

Thankfully God has brought me to a point where it really isn't very difficult at all for me to work either of these businesses. This isn't just because it's my passion but also because they both do quite well on their own. So, this means that I have time to spend with my very active 5-year-old daughter. I love homeschooling her, which is something that I never thought I'd be able to do as a single mother. I'm thankful to be able to teach her so much. I'm also thankful to spend so much time with her. You can check in on our journey together if you'd like.

As for Seminary... This has always been a goal/passion/calling for me ever since high school. I got side tracked for quite a while but I'm doing it now and looking forward to every minute of it. What will I do when I get my Masters of Divinity? Probably the same thing that I'm doing now but only God knows for sure. It'll be a slow process but 1 I really look forward to.

So, to me being a WAHM means being there for my daughter. It means being able to earn a full time income from home even though I have a very debilitating illness. I am thankful every day that I don't have to depend on anyone but myself as a single mom. Now I'm not going to tell you that this is always easy or that I don't sometimes put in some very long hours, because I do. What I will tell you though is that I thank God for every minute of it and I thank you for allowing me to share what's on my heart and soul today.

5 comments:

Suzanne A. Wells said...

Hi, Brenda. Thanks for the inspiring post and for participating in our blog carnival. You really are an inspiration.

Be sure to drop by tomorrow and see what the other moms have to say!

Regards-

Suzanne

judithb said...

Dbl kudos to u brenda. U are truly an inspiration! Best wishes in all u do!

This is Us! said...

I love your post!! Thanks for sharing such an inspiring message. Best of luck and success to you!

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

aisha said...

I wanted to thank you for this great post!! I enjoyed every little bit of it, I have you bookmarked and waiting for all the new stuff you post.
1988 Volkswagen Vanagon AC Compressor